December 10, 2009 - kenshinjeff
how to extact audio from .nds rom files
So you really really like that game you’re playing on your nds, and the track/audio file you want is not available on the game OST, what should you do? Here’s what you should do.
- Dump your original NDS cartridge into a .nds rom file, or simply just go download a .nds rom file.
- Unpack your .nds file file using dslazy.
- Find sound_data.sdat in NDS_UNPACK\data\Sound\
- Copy it to the same directory as ndssndext.exe
- Fire up a command prompt, and run
Viola~ Most, if not all the audio files ought to be in the newly created directory. And yes, I now have the really irritating mario rpg3’s sounds as my sms/ring tone : D
Files are here: