June 12, 2009 - kenshinjeff
adb error device not found android phone
WinXP detects your spanking new android phone as a USB mass storage device instead of a Composite ADB interface, no matter how you install the USB drivers from the android sdk. Here’s what you need to do.
- Right click My Computer, Hardware Tab, Windows Update, “Never search windows update for drivers”, OK.
- Enable debugging on your phone.
- Run USBDeview and remove all instances of Android Phone
- Unplug your phone, and plug it in again.
- When windows finally prompts for new drivers, direct them to your sdk directory containing android_usb.inf (Usually looks like android-sdk-windows-1.5_r2\usb_driver\x86)
If it works, this is what you ought to see:
If this doesn’t work, try to delete all the registry keys and values which contain “vid_0bb4&pid_0c02”, and start from step 1 again.
Good luck and hope this helps you.